Is ego or pride stopping us from reaching out to God?
Is ego or pride blinding us to the Truth?
Is ego or pride covering our eyes to see the world’s brokenness?
Is ego or pride covering our eyes to see our own frailty?
Is ego or pride preventing us from reflecting upon our motivations?
So can’t we push our ego aside?
Inspiration On: Saturday, 16 March 2013 at 1:51am
In dictionary, ego means
1. the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.
2. Psychoanalysis . the part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside world and thus mediates between the primitive drives of the id and the demands of the social and physical environment.
3. egotism; conceit; self-importance: Her ego becomes more unbearable each day.
4. self-esteem or self-image; feelings: Your criticism wounded his ego.
5. (often initial capital letter) Philosophy
- the enduring and conscious element that knows experience.
- Scholasticism. the complete person comprising both body and soul.
Albert Einstein did mention,
“More the knowledge
Lesser the ego,
Lesser the knowledge
More the Ego”
Basically, ego means “I” is more important and what is inside will come out. Some people will tend to praise themselves and look down upon people by finding their faults. Until to the point that I can’t stand them and telling a friend to try to look at people’s goodness side. Nobody is perfect.