When angry, don’t say anything.
Bring it quickly to God.
Pray the Lord’s prayer.
Confide with God.
Converse with him.
Humble yourselves before God.
Seek God for forgiveness.
Pray for His supplication.
Pray for His comfort.
Then our anger subsides
And forgiveness sets into our hearts.
Quarrel is prevented.
The importance to confide in God is to enable us to get over our anger with the help of the Holy Spirit. Asking God for forgiveness for our sins for being selfish and then enable us to forgive those who cause us angry. Angry with people means that they have hurt our self-interest without our realization. Within a few minutes, words of comfort come and the root cause of our anger subsides. This is based on my experience on Wednesday night, which is on 17 August 2011.
This can be observed from
- James 4:1, “What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?”
- Proverbs 17:14, “Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out.”
- Proverbs 17:19, “Whoever loves a quarrelloves sin; whoever builds a high gate invites destruction.”
- Proverbs 18:1, “An unfriendly person pursues selfish ends and against all sound judgment starts quarrels.”
- Proverbs 20:3, “It is to one’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.”
- Ephesians 4:30-32, “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”